Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Earning Credentials

On 9 August, I attended a WIA meeting at Microtrain Technologies, Inc. to discuss how to recieve the grant and what curriculum I would be taking once I was determined eligible for the grant. I first need to be determined eligible by an office that is able to offer the grant and then I take that information back to Microtrain. I then sign a letter of intent and start training. My program will provide me with MOS Master certification plus four elective courses from the catalog. The electives are in programs such as SharePoint, VIsio, FrontPage, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and InDesign. Electives are chosen according to the trainee's career aspirations.

On 4 August I attended the Open house Admissions Event for the IIT Stuart School of Business and learned about their MS Finance degree program. This program is excellent with enough concentrations to choose from that a student can even recieve a broad education in the case of electives. I am specifically interested in Financial Theory, Financial Markets, and Investment Management. I also spoke with the director of the Public Administration program. I need to complete a little more research and preparation before I enter this program. I will attend the Open House event on 20 October as well after getting an answer as to weather I can earn an MSF and an MPA together even though it is not one of the joint degree options specifically named on the dual degree list.

I will examine taking some math courses at Harold Washington College or Truman College before entering the IIT program so I can at least understand concepts taught in calculus and Business Math. Likely couses are Business 141 Business Mathematics and Mathematics 204 Calculus for Business and Social Sciences (HWC) or Business 0141 Business Mathematics, Mathematics 0143 Pre-Calculus, and Mathematics 0204 Caluculus for Business and Social Sciences (Truman). It is also possible that I will earn an Advanced Certificate in Accounting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Monetary Reserve

This section contains link that talk about finance and economics. There are links to organizations, individual books, and articles.